1st Gear Driving School is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
1. We only collect personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as when you use our contact form or make an enquiry over the phone. This may include the following information: your name, address, postcode, phone number, email address & preferred transmission. This is to ensure we can provide the service in your preferred area and for instructors to be in touch to arrange lessons.
2. We reserve the right to exchange your personal information with independent driving instructors only who are taking a franchise with 1st Gear Driving School.
3. We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access in accordance with legislation. We do not collect sensitive information about you except when you specifically and knowingly provide it.
4. When you provide us with any data we’ll always make clear why we need it and will obtain your consent to use it. If you provide consent on behalf of another person, you must ensure that you have their authorisation to do so. We reserve the right to request confirmation to ensure and verify that you have that authorisation.
5. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you may provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. We retain your information for a period of 6 years. If you wish for your data to be removed or wish to withdraw consent before this time, please do this by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. When you make payment for a service online or a payment to a driving instructor for driving lessons personal details and credit or debit card information is private and secure. We are committed to providing this security for you. We do not keep or hold any credit or debit card details and can provide on request the privacy policies of our payment providers we use www.paypal.co.uk for all our payment services
8. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email: email@example.com
9. If you believe that any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
10. In the unlikely event that you believe your information has been misused. Please contact us immediately by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason(s) you believe why. We will seek to deal with your request without undue delay. Please note that we may keep a record of your communications to help us resolve any issues which you raise. We will in accordance with reporting procedures inform the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as required.
11. We will ensure to keep you up to date and informed of any changes made this policy. If you have any questions about privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at: email@example.com or phone 01803 310141